Twistronics 2023 International Workshop
on twisted bilayer graphene and beyond
University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea, January 11th ~ 13th, 2023
Seoul Center for Quantum Computation will be hosting a three-day workshop including one morning hands-on tutorial on twisted bilayer graphene and other moire quantum materials. This edition makes an emphasis on theoretical research on moire materials that rely on real-space simulations of large scale systems.
The workshop will invite speakers that have made theory contributions in the field of moire materials including ab initio or tight-binding electronic structure modeling, phonons, quantum transport, etc. or have developed real-space calculation methods to study the properties of moire materials.
Regular participants will be able to contribute with posters. The tutorial sessions during the first day is aimed at introducing the students and new researchers in the field about basic notions on atomic and electronic structure of twisted bilayer graphene.
• Paco Guinea (IMDEA)
• Aires Ferreira (Univ. of York)
• Lucian Covaci (Univ. of Antwerp)
• Jeil Jung (Univ of. Seoul)
• Guy Trambly de Laissardiere (LPTM)
• Jose Lado (Aalto Univ., Finland)
• Jose Hugo Garcia (ICN2, Spain)
• Zhen Zan (Wuhan Univ., China)
• Philip Kim (Harvard Univ., USA)
• Oded Hod (Tel Aviv Univ., Israel)
• Tight-binding method
• Spectral functions
• Real-space large scale simulations
• Moire materials
• Electronic structure
• GW approximation